Get that Kitchen Makeover you always wanted.
Are you planning a complete kitchen refurbishment? If so, take time to consider exactly what you want before you visit a kitchen showroom and meet with design experts so that you can choose a beautiful, high performance kitchen that you’ll love. It’s time for some cool Kitchen Makeover tips with Worktop Warehouse.
Here are some tips to ensure you make the best choice and the best investment:
- First, take a look at your existing kitchen. Make a list of what you like and don’t like, and what works and what doesn’t. From this list, you might realise important details, for instance, like how proper lighting can brighten a dull corner. Apart from that, you might also discover that an entirely new lay-out can provide a better perspective on the efficient use of kitchen space. Whether you’re sure of the details or not, you’ll be able to relay your preference clearly to your kitchen expert.
- Second, consider your budget. If you need to make a total makeover, ensure that your financial estimate will accommodate all the required changes. Knocking down walls, altering plumbing and electrics, or having a totally fresh new kitchen and appliances can eat up a lot of your budget. Consider where you can make savings by reusing the best of what you have. In this way, you can invest more into creating a high-performance kitchen that is impressive in functionality and looks.
- Third, for smaller kitchens, focus on how to make the room more spacious. There are makeover tricks to choose from like choosing light or white-coloured walls, cabinets, worktops, and flooring; opting for shallow or slim cabinets; choosing smaller, integrated appliances; reducing worktop and cupboard clutter; installing good lighting; and organising your kitchen utensils and storage to make the most of the space you have.
- Fourth, to ensure your kitchen makeover is a good investment for your home, choose a high performance quartz or granite worktop, quality cabinets, and hard-wearing flooring that will stand the test of time.
- Fifth, decide whether you prefer functionality or fashion for your kitchen design. It’s tempting to go for the “latest look” in kitchen design. The same goes for kitchen paraphernalia and the current in-vogue gadgets or appliances. You might need to ask yourself whether you really need these items or not. However, each choice has its own result. In fact, your choice will either make your kitchen lose its purpose or make your design become outdated quickly. Therefore choosing carefully is the key.
- Finally, once you have a clear idea of what you want from your kitchen and have a basic plan detailing what you wish to achieve, approach the kitchen experts for design options and advice. Don’t make a rash decision. Take your time, consider all the options, and go ahead with whatever ticks the right boxes for you.
Your kitchen makeover will require an investment of time, energy, and money. You owe it to yourself to ensure that you make an informed choice by doing some initial planning and research so that you’ll gain the kitchen of your dreams.
Give Worktop Warehouse a call on 0161 222 8487 and let us use our enviable experience to help you choose a worktop that you’ll love.